Monday, February 16, 2009

Congratulations to Ginny Johnson of Wetumpka! She was the winner in our Morning Praise Valentine Poetry Contest on Friday. Here's the poem she wrote for her husband:

My love is like a river that runs deep and wide,
no matter how time passes by,
I'll always be by your side.

God made you special for me so I could see
how a true companion should always be.

In day to day life when I seem to forget,
you always give me your hand to lift me up.

With so much romance in your heart,
you always go out of your way
to make me feel special in so many ways.

So this Valentine's day, I want you to know
how God has blessed me with your loving soul.


Ginny won a copy of the movie, Fireproof, and The Love Dare (courtesy of Lifeway Christian Store, Montgomery), a beautiful, heart shaped strawberry cake (courtesy of Ligger's Bakery, Montgomery) and a free registration to the Focus on the Family Focus on Marriage Simulcast (courtesy of Vaughn Park Church of Christ, Montgomery). Thanks to everyone who took the time to write a poem to their sweetheart and submit it for our contest!

No comments: